Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Creaking floors and whispering ghosts

Hello Blog, how've you been? Me?? Pretty dang good (new word for me = dang). Getting closer to the edge though... 36 days, 20 hours, 16 minutes and 14 seconds to be exact. Summer was great and we got to see, touch and taste some fantastic experiences. Always a good thing.

So, here's September. Weather's still hotter than hot, sitting in the mid to high 90's... ug. I welcomed the month with an unwelcome business trip for the honey. Two days short of a week... alone... in this beautiful, but sometimes eerie house. Where the floors creak and the old walls and windows breath with the wind. Me. Alone. The one with the exorbitant imagination. Thoughts of the crazy neighbor to the right of us, memories of the break-in last summer, and a whole lotta violence in the community make my head spin to the point of whip-lash at every unexplained sound. Oh my. Momma needs a sleep aid, lol.

I started psyching myself up for (almost) a week's worth of evenings chillaxing in front of the computer with a glass of wine, editing & organizing photo's... it was just the time between Jay Leno and the morning news that I don't know how to deal with. So far, I've got 2 night's under my belt. One sans sleep and the other slightly restless, but leaving me with enough energy to muddle through 41 minutes on the treadmill this morning, lol. And it helps that I got my fav machine, located right in front of the TV tuned to ESPN. Rock on Sports Center. Hopefully each night gets better and before I know it the honey will be beside me again :)

Wish me luck, Blog. Talk to you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has it really been over FIVE years?!?!

Hello Blogiverse! After an unplanned 5+ year hiatus from blogging  (for no apparent reason other than being busy with other things) , here I...