Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Traveling Housewife...

Since my last post I have officially become a stay-at-home wifey-poo.  The running joke is that I'm a Trophy Wife, but that's certainly not the case, lol.  With the honey's job allowing us to travel more frequently between our two homes in GA & FL, we decided that I try my hand at my newest role... the Traveling Housewife.  Things are going great, but I'm still 'learning' how to be a good housewife, lol.  Don't get me wrong, I know how to clean, do laundry, and all the other domestic chores, and I'm good at them... just not good at getting around to doing them, LOL.  I'd much rather be creating stuff :)

I have more projects going on in both houses then any of you would want to know about.  From repurposing furniture, painting walls, and sewing curtains to photography, blogging, and EBay & Etsy sales!  I have so much free time and too many options of filling it!!  It's like looking at a huge menu at a restaurant... there are so many choices, you just can't pick one!!  Well, I need to pick one.  The slight chaos in BOTH houses is a bit too much for the honey (and on occasion, me too!).  Sure, when he comes home things are tidied up and inconspicuous, but hiding in every nook, cranny & spare room is a pile or box of half finished something-or-other.  And lately I've fallen off my 'list' wagon that helps me stay focused.  Come on, you remember about me and my lists, right??  Yeah, well it's time this gal makes a priority list of projects (which should include sweeping more often, lol).  Over the summer I even made some really great daily chores lists to keep me on track.  Laminated them and everything so I could write, wipe and reuse.  I think I lost them under a pile of fabric, lol.  I guess it's time to dig them out.

Cheers to fighting the battle of self diagnosed ADD and trying to stay organized, lol.

2 comments:

  1. where you traveling? u still hashing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We travel between Albany Georgia and Redington Beach FL. Yup, still running with the H3, but more of a road whore than a local kennel frequenter :)

    ReplyDelete

Has it really been over FIVE years?!?!

Hello Blogiverse! After an unplanned 5+ year hiatus from blogging  (for no apparent reason other than being busy with other things) , here I...