Wednesday, June 12, 2013

NOM NOM NOM

I have to share my guilt free sweet treat with you all, but little history first...
I'm a stress eater and at times a compulsive eater.  I'm not proud of that, nor do I think I've ever admitted it to anyone other than my BFF, but there it is.  And when I'm super stressed, I will eat pretty much anything in the house.  As most stress eaters, I tend to lean towards the fatty, salty, carbie foods to get that awesome endorphin rush... especially when I'm bored or lonely.  Typical so I read.  Nice to know I'm not a freak alone in the corner... there are a BUNCH of us in the corner, lol.

And it does make sense.  I'm a pretty 'compulsive-type' person over certain things... goes hand in hand with my self-diagnosed mild OCD, lol... but I digress...

So, there's this treat that I found a while ago, and I had forgotten about it for a because I've been eating some real crapola while on a binge.  It's an ice cream substitute that's actually pretty tasty, called Arctic Zero.  Now, I have to stress this: it is not ice cream.  Nothing is ice cream, except ice cream.  This is faux ice cream, got it?  Okay, now that we agree that NOTHING tastes like ice cream except for the real deal (filled with calories, fat, sugar, and dairy that kicks my sinuses ass), I have to say that in a pinch (or on a binge) this stuff is awesome!  It's tasty, creamy-ish, and tricks your brain enough to curb a sweet cold urge to inhale a pint of Ben & Jerry.

The ingredients aren't terrible either, and the best part is that it's only 37 calories per serving!  SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!  Yes, you read that right.  There's also zero fat and very low carb/sugar content.  This is a nice change from the "Fat Free" hook that most food companies use to reel us in, just to find out that their product has an astronomical amount of carbs/sugar, that will soon metabolize into a shit-ton of fat in our bodies... jerks.  So, even on one of those days where things just seemed to have sucked, and you feel the need to couch surf and eat an entire pint of ice cream, you would only be eating 150 calories.  Nice.

So go!  Be free to curb your craving to eat creamy, cold, sweet love... on the couch... while indulging in vampire shows (wait, what?), and be guilt free of ruining your body with zillions of calories, fat, and sugar!!   Enjoy!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Has it really been over FIVE years?!?!

Hello Blogiverse! After an unplanned 5+ year hiatus from blogging  (for no apparent reason other than being busy with other things) , here I...