Monday, July 9, 2012

Accountability... and all that jazz!

To hold ones self accountable, they've got scream to the universe what their game plan is, so here we go...

I'm quickly finding that you lose track of time whist not working from a beloved list (oh, how I love lists)  or off a daily schedule.  For me, living without a list or some form of accountability has caused multiple projects to be started, not enough being finished, the ability to web surf way too often (SHINY!) and the inability to focus... which in turn leaves my household cluttered and unorganized... which causes this OCD chick to become scatterbrained, frazzled, and honestly a bit 'off' in every aspect of my life.  I need a list of some sort keeping me on track, and accountable of my time spent, to help me reach my goals.  Starting today I'm overhauling my daily routine to get a better hold on my time management so I can accomplish... well everything, lol.

My first and most important change is less time on Facebook.  Weird, I know, but I have to ween myself off of this monster that I never realized sucked so much precious time away!  I work on the computer a lot and just popping on to FB "for a minute" here & there... yeah, right, it's never for a minute!  And those comfy 15 minutes before bed that I could be indulging in a book... wasted surfing FB!  And I'm not accomplishing anything.  Sure, I want to be abreast of what's going on in everyone's lives and keep in touch... but I don't need to do it every day.  So as a starting point, my FB time will be limited to Wednesdays and weekends (with a possible location check-in here and there), and I'll tweak as needed, but not extend my time.  I am by no means deleting my account!  I have way too many friends and just about ALL of my family that are terribly far away, and FB is our touchstone.

So there's my scream to the Universe... well, the first one.  I'll be blogging a lot more, so stop by and visit me often, okay?  I promise to keep you giggling ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has it really been over FIVE years?!?!

Hello Blogiverse! After an unplanned 5+ year hiatus from blogging  (for no apparent reason other than being busy with other things) , here I...