Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I heart my new sneaks :)

I have a new favorite thing... my running shoes!  Well, and rice vinegar, but I'll tell you about that some other time.  I found these beauties about a month ago and OH EM GEE.!  My feet have never been happier!  They've got everything I want... squishy lightweight comfort, a no-slip tongue, great arch support and a color that'll make your eyes POP!  They're a combo between regular lightweight running shoes and those weird toe separating shoes that freak me out.  And they're by Skechers... really?  I always thought they just made sneakers that were for fashion not exercise, and I'd need to wear my cap sideways, yo.  Turns out I was dead wrong.  I have no idea what else they make, but I do know that these rock!

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm just an amateur runner and all I know is what I like and what feels good to me.  There are probably other shoes out there that are rated better, have professional reviews, blah blah blah.  Good for them.  My opinion?  Try these shoes.

They offer a  mid-foot strike that allows your foot to kinda roll when you hit the ground, rather than that hard hit on your heel (man, I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about), but not like that weird Frankenstein workout "butt lifting" shoe you see on some people.  I posted a couple of pics from the box insert for you, below.  What a difference!  It feels oh so great and it really helps support your arches.

They also claim to be great sockless shoes.  Tried it, didn't like it.  Totally a personal preference.  They are fine and comfortable sockless, but I like wearing ultra lightweight footie socks with them.  I love socks.  Did you know that?  :)  Well, except the ones that separate your toes.  Bleck!  And did you see the color???  BAM!!!!

Lastly, they ran me (ha ha) about $65.00.  Not bad, my friends!  I just bought an awesome pair of Nike's that were roughly the same price and these kick their ass.  And yes, I'm beginning to have a little bit of an addiction with running shoes.  We'll call it a healthy, guilty pleasure, lol.

So, what's your favorite running shoe?  Let me know!  I just might need another new pair ;)

ON-ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has it really been over FIVE years?!?!

Hello Blogiverse! After an unplanned 5+ year hiatus from blogging  (for no apparent reason other than being busy with other things) , here I...