Thursday, June 3, 2010

Meeting the folks... Weekend getaway #2

Our extended Memorial Day weekend turned out GREAT and we had so much fun! The weather couldn't have been nicer; the traveling was a breeze, and the honey met the fam & friends back home. Everyone loved him (of course!) and he loved all of them… really???? LOL, yup. He thought they were all a hoot and kept reminding me that everyone thinks their family is the worst, lol. Ahh, how true!! My mom is in love with him, my dad couldn’t seem to get enough of him, and my uncles all plan on running his name through ‘friends on the force’ to see if he’s clean, LMAO. Too funny.

Friday we went to breakfast at Owl Diner (YUM) and I had their famous quiche (kind of a feta/spinach pie in phillo dough, but with eggs and about 3 inches high… OMFG). Then we went with the folks into Boston to catch a Duck Tour. If you've never done this, do it!! It was great!! Late lunch in Little Italy (YUM) and desert at a cafĂ© a few doors down (fresh cannoli & cappuccino!!). Oh my goodness, my belly was smiling! Fri night was awesome too! We met up with a few of my friends at Cobblestone's in downtown Lowell, and the conversation was flowing... and so were the drinks! I was feeling adventurous and decided to try numerous items off the drink menu, and low and behold… I got tanked. A last call for us was at The Worthern for a beer that I couldn’t even drink, lol. OMG... honey, take me to the drunk, I'm hotel.


Saturday morning was a challenge just to get out of bed. For some sick reason I felt the urge for us to go for a run by the river... hangover and all. After a combo walk-jog by the Merrimack, we went for breakfast at Vic's in Centralville, and I was harshly reminded that I was a vegetarian... oh pork pie, how I miss you!!! The rest of the day was spent at Hampton Beach with my folks, then an early dinner with my dad's side of the family. What FUN!! I haven't seen so many of us together in almost 10 years! You forget what characters you're related to after not seeing them for so long, lol. Dinner ended and we said our goodbye's around 7:00 and I already couldn't keep my eyes open!!... and we still had one more visit to make. OMG, let me just tell you, Bo and I met when I was 10, and when when you get her and I together after not seeing each other for about 2 years... look out! You couldn't have shut us up if you tried. But wait, what's this? Her husband seems to be as much of a story teller as she is, lol... oh my, they kept us entertained! So much for an hour or two visit... we got back to the hotel at midnight and I poured myself into bed.

Sunday... YES!! Sunday had arrived!!! We are one well-oiled traveling duo, I'll tell ya. Up, packed, breakfast with the folks, drive into Boston, early check-in & luggage drop off at the hotel, car drop off at Logan, then on the T (blue line to green line) to FENWAY to see my Boys!! WOO HOO!!! Let me just start with this... our hotel was fricking AMAZING. The honey snagged a phenomenal deal on Priceline for a room at the very funky/swanky Ames Hotel on Court St. All I can say is we are now ruined for any other hotel. The game was great! Sox won 8- 1 against the Royals... bitches. The remainder of the evening was a fun whirlwind of divine restaurants & local bars for our own mini-pub crawl through the Financial District. The night was finished at our hotel, sitting on the outdoor patio, sipping wine and sharing a tasty midnight snack. Yup, Sunday was a day of decadence. How the hell were we supposed to go back to work after all this???

Monday we slept in a bit, took showers in thee most amazing shower, then heading out to the T station to try to find our way to the airport. You'll never guess what... it was the easiest trip EVER! We T'd right into Logan, then took a shuttle to the terminal. That's it!! We were almost 3 hours early; a little on purpose so we'd have time for brunch, but we didn't think it would only take 20 minutes for the commute AND the luggage check-in. After a nice, uneventful flight to ATL, we hopped in the car and headed home!

What a fun weekend!! And to think... after meeting my insane, heavily Boston-accented group of family and friends, he's keeping me :) That's wicked awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has it really been over FIVE years?!?!

Hello Blogiverse! After an unplanned 5+ year hiatus from blogging  (for no apparent reason other than being busy with other things) , here I...