Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Flight 5335 to Cootietown

Ug.  I'm sick.  Our wonderful weekend came with an unwelcome ending of a flight of germs that ended up liking our immune systems.  Like good doobies, the honey and I got up per the norm Monday morning, cleansed our bodies and swept the cobwebs from our groggy, congested heads to go to work.  Hi-ho, hi-ho... no-go.

He's a trooper and pulled out a full day.  I, on the other hand, went home at 11:30, lol.  Between the boogers, vertigo and body aches (and the guilt of having just brought more germs into a hospital), I packed up and headed home to indulge in a large dose of NyQuil and slip into a couch coma.  Ahhh, Couch, my old friend... are you happy to see me back early again on Tuesday?  Yup, I'm home today, too.  I stuck it out til noon, but again, the boogers, coughing, and runny eyes (don't forget the side of hospital guilt), caused me to sling my bag over an achy shoulder and head back to Couch.  Why is it that nursing a cold is always better on Couch?  With a ginger ale by your side, slipping in and out of sleep with the TV watching you... that's the best.  I'm taking advantage of my half day at home before heading to Couch this time.  The laundry's laundering, dishes are soaking, and blog has been blogged... even if it's a boring, silly one. 

I'm trying to keep positive, regardless of that sick-o who gave me this nasty bug on the way to ATL.  My good Karma take on the Cootie Flight?  Being reminded of how comforting Couch feels on a sick day.  Come here Henry... let's take a nap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has it really been over FIVE years?!?!

Hello Blogiverse! After an unplanned 5+ year hiatus from blogging  (for no apparent reason other than being busy with other things) , here I...